The number of people with HIV or AIDS is escalating rapidly. The probability
that you will have some role in supporting, understanding, or caring for
an HIV/AIDS patient is fast becoming a certainty. Are you prepared to help?
Do you have time to read volumes on the subject? If the answer to either
question is "no," then this publication is a *must* for your library.
Christina Polcari has condensed her vast experience and
research into a concise, bulleted, well-organized handbook.
There are no stories or fillers, just practal information
-- practical ways to help. In this world of information overload
--too much to read and no time to read it-- this format means
you can immediately begin to help your friend, your client,
your patient, your church member, your student, or your loved
Fact sheets include the following:
- Definitions: HIV, AIDS & Symptoms
- How HIV is spread & progresses
- The importance of safe sex
- Nine myths about AIDS
- Facts about HIV testing
- What family and friends can do
- How to comfort a dying person
- Universal precautions for caregivers
- Legal matters
- Government medical insurance
- Filing a disability claim
- General knowledge quiz
- And much, much more...